COURSE: Child Development (1 credit)
COURSE DESCRIPTION: This technical laboratory course addresses knowledge and skills related to child development from prenatal through school-age children, equipping students with child development skills. Students use these skills to promote the well-being and healthy development of children and investigate careers related to the care and education of children.
- 1-inch binder with 8 dividers
- ✓ Writing implements (pen/pencil)
- ✓ NOTE: throughout the year there also will be various projects where students might need to purchase additional materials. EXAMPLES: poster board, Foam core board and any other project decorating items that they would like to use and a boiled egg for the baby project. Advance notice will be given before these materials will be needed
- Roles & Responsibilities of Parenting
- Prenatal Development & Birth
- Infant Development
- Toddler Development
- Development of Preschool Children
- Development of School-Aged Children
- Employability Skills
- Daily journals – composed of 5 complete sentences, MUST be submitted in spiral/ binder
- Observation & Reflection of a Child
- Baby Think It Over Program – Real Care Baby OR Pregnancy Profile Vest OR Alternative Assignment
- Various projects/academic papers related to the content
Grades will be based on the FOLLOWING and will follow the DISTRICT grading guidelines of 60% minor grades and 40% major grades.
60% Grades include, but are not limited to:
- Class Participation in all activities
- Portfolio (Binder Upkeep)
- Computer Lab Participation and Behavior
- Daily Assignments including Journaling, Partner work, Individual work etc.
- Completing ALL assignments to the best of the Student’s ability
- Making PROGRESS!!!!
40% Grades include, but are not limited to:
- Major Projects (There are MANY during this course)
- Unit Tests
- Required Papers
µ LATE WORK is ACCEPTED (NOT ENCOURAGED) BUT A PENALTY OF 5 POINTS PER CALENDAR DAY WILL BE TAKEN OFF THE GRADE THEY ACTUALLY MAKE ON THE ASSIGNMENT!!!!!!!
I CONTACT PARENTS/GUARDIANS for:
- Positive accomplishments
- Failing Grades
- Attitude Adjusting
- Missing work
- Poor Work Ethic
I also will contact COACHES, BAND DIRECTORS and other EXTRA CURRICULAR ADVISORS! WE ARE ALL A TEAM!
PLEASE REMIND YOUR STUDENT THAT THERE IS A STRICT B.Y.O.D (BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE) POLICY IN THIS CLASS. ONCE THESE RULES HAVE BEEN EXPLAINED, THERE WILL BE NO USE OF THEIR DEVICES UNLESS SPECIFIC PERMISSION HAS BEEN GRANTED! I will follow the District Policy to the letter!
I ALSO STRICTLY ENFORCE THE SCHOOL DRESS CODE AS OUTLINED BY THE STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT AND THE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL, TIA SIMMONS.
Please feel free to contact me at any time. My conference is 8th Block, at the end of the day. If you need me to contact you, please call or email! Thank you in advance…it’s going to be a GREAT YEAR!
Kimberly Baker, M.Ed email@example.com
To receive assignment reminders via text, text @ 37dbeb to 81010. You can opt out of messages at any time by replying, 'unsubscribe @37dbeb’
STUDENT SIGNATURE X___________________________________________