Collegiate Academy Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions
- Can my child still apply for the Collegiate Academy?
The application window for the 2018-2019 Collegiate Academy freshman class is now closed. It was open from January 16-30, 2018.
- When will I know if my child has been accepted?
Notifications have been sent out to parents and students regarding their application status. Should you have questions, please contact Nneka Bernard at 972-708-2000.
- My child is on the waiting list. When will a final decision be made?
The Collegiate Academy Admissions Committee will review all waitlist students if a spot becomes available. Students who move to an “accepted” status will be notified from the Advanced Academics department.
- Can my student participate in extra-curricular activities if they are enrolled in the Collegiate Academy?
Students in the Collegiate Academy can participate in band, athletics, choir, Youth in Government and other extra-curricular activities.
- Will Collegiate Academy students take classes with non-Collegiate Academy students?
Students will take classes at Duncanville High School in the Collegiate Academy area and other areas based on their endorsements.
- Does the Collegiate Academy have a counselor?
A counselor is available to assist students and parents with Collegiate Academy scheduling concerns.