Duncanville High School Collegiate Academy
in partnership with Mountain View College
As part of Duncanville High School, The Collegiate Academy is designed to introduce academically gifted students to the college setting in their freshman year of high school. Students will have the opportunity to earn a high school diploma and simultaneously take dual credit courses earning up to 60 college credit hours or an Associate Degree within four years.
The Collegiate Academy is a Duncanville Independent School District initiative that will begin in the fall of 2017 in partnership with Mountain View College (MVC). The Collegiate Academy allows students the opportunity to be a part of a comprehensive high school setting while gradually being introduced to a college setting. Students earn college credits through a combination of face to face, online and hybrid instruction.
Through collaboration with the community, The Collegiate Academy offers students encounters with professional development, community service, scholarship opportunities, college exposure through college visits, and inspires and empowers students to succeed at a higher level. This initiative will launch in the fall of 2017 and will welcome new cohorts on an annual basis.
The mission of Duncanville High School Collegiate Academy is to
embrace a diverse group of students and change their futures one
mind at a time. In partnership with parents, we will inspire students
to strive for intellectual excellence while providing a world-class
education that motivates students to achieve high academic standards,
enjoy learning, and develop as ethical, literate, well-rounded and
self-sufficient citizens who contribute actively to their communities.
• Complete high school diploma and up to 2 years of college credit in four year
• Studies show that students who take dual credit courses are more likely to complete a four-year college degree
• Decreases cost of tuition and fees for students by accelerating time toward degree completion
• Accelerated degree time may free up facility space and faculty for additional students to enroll
• New graduates enter the workforce sooner and begin to earn wages, benefiting themselves and the economy
• Contributes to the goals of Closing the Gaps through greater participation and increased academic
• Gain college exposure by participating in college tour
• Develop and grow with students of advanced academics by participating in professional development
• Participate in community service projects and give back to the community
• Increase college enrollment and success rates for all students
• Strengthen the connections between middle schools, high schools, and higher education to
promote a college-going culture
For more information: email@example.com