5:30 PM - 6:30 PM School Health Advisory Council mtg - Plaza C121
Greetings Acton Families,
The 2019 school year is here! We are so excited about this school year and hope everyone enjoyed your summer break. Thank you so much for sharing your child with us this year. Please take time to get to know and keep open communication with your child’s teacher. We are available by phone, email and scheduled conferences.
Acton is a place for teaching and learning. Acton students will be provided numerous opportunities and experiences this school. We encourage you to partner with us by joining PTA which supports our students and teachers. We have many events planned for our students this school year such as Student of the Month, Fall Carnival, fundraisers & prizes, etc.
Additionally, our district has partnered with Right at School, which is an afterschool program that will be onsite. Information is provided in our front office. We cannot do what we do without you! We are committed to Excellence this school year. We look forward to collaborating with you to make this an amazing school year. Together Everyone Achieves More (T.E.A.M)
Acton is the second elementary school built under the $102 million dollar bond, which was overwhelmingly supported by the Duncanville community in 2014. We need your support with student safety and cleanliness of our new facility.
· Safety for our students is our first priority. We ask that you are supportive and respectful with communication from campus administration and other staff members with traffic flow during morning arrival and dismissal. All parents/visitors must check into the main office to receive a visitor’s badge.
· The inside and outside lanes will be open for morning drop off.
· To ensure student safety, please refrain from using Kennemer Middle School side parking lot to drop off or pick up students. We ask that you avoid allowing students to cross the street by themselves. It is not a supervised location.
· We ask that you work with us and remain in your cars when picking up child. All students will walk to their cars for afternoon dismissal. Pre-K, Kinder and First grade students pick up location is on the west (back) side of the building. Second, third and fourth grade student will pick on the east side (Front) of the building. If you have multiple students please use the car line according to the youngest student. There will not be an option to park and pick up your child. Please understand your child will walk to the car with a designated staff member.
· We have a beautiful campus inside and out. Please utilize trash cans and refrain from littering.
Here are a few things we would like you to know.
· To ensure the safety of all students, beginning August 26, 2019, parents may escort their student to the front door during morning arrival. An Acton staff member will be at the front door and main hallway to greet all students and direct them to the appropriate place.
· Attendance is important for our students. EVERYDAY is GAMEDAY! Our instructional day starts at 8:00a.m. and ends at 3:30p.m. It is our goal to limit tardies and absences this year. We know we can count on you to reach this goal!
· Please see the schedule below if you would like to enjoy lunch with your child or schedule a parent conference. All visitors must check-in at the front desk.
· We will establish our lunch procedures the first few weeks of school. Parents may eat lunch with your child on the days below beginning Tuesday, September 3, 2018.
Grade Level Lunch Time Conference Time
Pre-K 10:00-10:30 (Monday) 2:15-3:15p.m.
Kindergarten 10:30-11:00 (Monday) 8:30-9:30a.m.
1st grade 11:00-11:30 (Tuesday) 9:45-10:45a.m.
2nd grade 12:00-12:30 (Wednesday) 10:45-11:45a.m.
3rd grade 11:30-12:00 (Thursday) 12:15-1:15p.m.
4th grade 12:30-1:00 (Friday) 1:15-2:15p.m.
We look forward to a great school year! Thank you for all you do and if you have any questions or concerns please contact me at 972-708-2400.
Ms. K. Bowens
Acton Elementary School
Charles C. Acton Elementary opened in 1978, with an addition in 1980 and renovations in 2003. The school was named for former superintendent Charles C. Acton (1945-1951). The school serves grades PK-4.
Charles C. Acton
Charles C. Acton joined Duncanville ISD as superintendent in 1945. Born in Cooper, Texas, he graduated from Cooper High School and attended Thorp Springs Christian College. He received his BS from East Texas State Teachers College, a masters degree from Southern Methodist University, and did additional post-graduate work at the University of Houston. Mr. Acton served as principal and superintendent of schools in Delta and Wise counties before coming to Duncanville. He left the district in 1951, and is the namesake for Acton Elementary School.
7095 W. Wheatland Rd.
At Acton Elementary --
We will Learn!
We will Lead!
We will Succeed!
We ARE simply the best!
En la Escuela Primaria Acton---
¡Vamos a aprender!
¡Vamos a ser líderes!
¡Vamos a tener éxito!;
¡SOMOS simplemente lo mejor!
School Mission Statement
“To inspire and empower learners, one child, one achievement, one success story at a time!”
District Mission Statement
"Writing success stories, one student at a time."
8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Kyalla Bowens, Principal
Derica Turner, Asst Principal