Hastings Elementary School

Duncanville Independent School District

A bold, modern, colorful and fully responsive template

Annoucements

  •  

    Labor Day Holiday

    No School 

    Monday, Sept. 3, 2018 

     

     

     

School History

  • Hastings

     

    William Lee Hastings Elementary was opened in 1968, with additions in 1975 and 1980 and renovations in 2004.  The school was named for William Lee Hastings, Jr., the son of a former board member.  The school serves grades PK-4.

     

    William Lee Hastings

    William Lee Hastings was born on October 21, 1918 in the Duncanville Community. He was part of the first graduating class from Duncanville High School in 1936. He earned his bachelors degree from Texas A&M in 1940, and entered the US Army during World War II. Lt. Hastings was killed in action on June 22, 1944 during the Normandy Invasion in France. His name is inscribed on the Duncanville Memorial monument.

     

    Mr. Hastings's family owned the land between the railroad tracks and Cedar Ridge, including the portion where the elementary school that was named in his honor is located.

     

    - This information from The History of Duncanville, Texas, compiled by the Duncanville Historical Commission 1976.

     

    Mascot:  Huskies

     

    Colors:  Navy blue and white

School Information

  • 602 W Center St
    Duncanville 75116
    p. 972-708-2800
    f. 972-708-2828

     

    Mission Statement
    Hastings Elementary- a place where productive, contributing, and happy members of society are being created .......one student at a time!

     

    School Motto
    "Learning for All, Whatever It Takes!"

     

    School Colors
    Navy and White

     

    School Mascot
    Huskies

     

    Configuration
    Pre-K - Fourth Grade

     

    School Hours
    8:00 am - 3:30 pm
    Pre K Morning:
    8:00 - 11:30 am
    Pre K Afternoon:
    12:00 pm - 3:30 pm

     

    Campus Administrators
    Keith Agnes, Principal

    Rachel Hix, Asst. Principal

CLOSE
CLOSE