G Suite, formerly Google Apps for Education (GAFE), offers a variety of educational core services such as Gmail, Docs, Forms, Slides, Sheets and GMail. Schools can use Google Apps for Education services in compliance with COPPA and FERPA. These services contain no advertising and student data is not used for advertising purposes.
- Grades 2-6 have the ability to exchange GMail messages with the faculty and other students, but not with people outside of the district. Grades 7-12 have the ability to exchange GMail messages with any approved email address. All communication is monitored in accordance with district policy and state laws.
- G Suite does not collect, maintain, use or share student personal information beyond that needed for authorized educational/school purposes.
- G Suite has permanently removed all ad scanning in Apps for Education services.
- Data in G Suite account belongs to the account owner, not Google.
- G Suite complies with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Additional information about the privacy and security of student G Suite accounts can be found at https://www.google.com/edu/trust/
Duncanville ISD G Suite Form
Duncanville ISD utilizes G Suite for teachers and students. The information below describes tools and student responsibilities associated with G Suite services and is addressed in Skyward during the student registration process.