LEARNING OBJECTIVES - 1st 9 WEEKS:
PRE-K - 2nd Grade
1. Get used to the rules, routines and safety procedures in the that involve walking and running laps, doing running drills and procedures about how to enter the gym and line up to leave.
2. Start developing flexibiity and full body strength through calisthenics.
3. Develop hand and eye coordination by utilizing beanbags, foam dodge balls, scoops and beach balls (2nd grade).
4. Demonstrate following the rules of miscellanous games and using good sportsmanship.
5. Students are to demonstrate their ability to move quickly in various directions while staying in control such as situations that involve tag games.
6. Develop cardiovascular fitness through running drills and various games.
3rd - 4th Grade
1. The students are to become familiar with the rules and routines of the gym.
2. Start developing flexibility and strength through calisthenics.
3. Demonstrate good sportsmanship by following the rules of various structured games.
4. Get used to moving quickly and staying in control through games that involve dodging.
5. Develop cardiovascular fitness through running drills and various games.
6. Develop volleyball and football skills, utilizing beach balls and indoor footballs.