About Duncanville Independent School District
The mission of Duncanville ISD is to provide each student with the necessary skills to achieve lifelong success and contribute to a global society. The district is guided by six core values:
- We believe students are our first priority.
- We model personal integrity and ethical behavior.
- We value and respect all students, staff, families and community members.
- We provide a safe, nurturing environment to foster academic excellence and positive relationships.
- We embrace continuous improvement, data driven decision making, and mutual accountability for organizational excellence.
- We believe every staff member contributes to student success
The district serves four communities: the entire city of Duncanville and portions of Dallas, Cedar Hill, and DeSoto. The district currently educates more than 12,800 students at 18 campuses: nine elementary, three intermediates, three middle schools, one high school, and two alternative campuses.
Grade levels are divided into elementary, serving students in Pre-K through four; intermediate, serving grades five and six; middle school for students in grades seven and eight; and high school for students in ninth through twelfth grades.
Duncanville ISD is located in the southwest region of Dallas County along Interstate 20 and Highway 67. The district is one of the largest employers in the area, employing approximately 1600, including almost 800 classroom teachers. The staff of Duncanville ISD accepts the responsibility to provide a nurturing and challenging environment that engages students and brings relevance to the curriculum.
View the district map.