During the June budget workshop, the Duncanville ISD Board of Trustees unanimously approved a new compensation plan that provides pay increases to all district employees for the 2019-2020 school year, including a new teacher starting salary of $53,000. In addition, teachers with 1 to 5 years of experience will receive a $2,200 salary increase and those with more than 6 years of experience will see an increase of $2,300.
All other personnel will receive a 3-percent pay increase at the midpoint of their pay scale in addition to any recommended adjustments. A major focus was placed on increasing pay for auxiliary employees, such as bus drivers, custodians and food service assistants.
For the third consecutive year, the Board of Trustees also voted to increase the district’s contribution to employee insurance premiums. With the district contributing $11 more per month for insurance, personnel selecting the “Employee Only” ActiveCare1HD insurance plan will see no increase. With the other plans, the $11 will help reduce the burden of the state increase in cost.
Below is a summary of the compensation plan that the Board of Trustees approved for the 2019-2020 school year. Click here to view the new teacher salary schedule.
- New teacher starting salary increased to $53,000
- $2,200 increase for teachers with 1-5 years of experience
- $2,300 increase for teachers with 6+ years of experience (includes counselors, librarians, and nurses)
- 3-percent increase (based on pay grade midpoint) for all other personnel, plus any recommended adjustments
- $11 per month increase in district insurance premium contribution