Communicating with the Board
Appropriate Channels of Communication
If you have information you would like to share with the Board, there are several ways to communicate with the Board of Trustees.
- By Letter – A citizen can send a letter to the DISD Board of Trustees, 710 S. Cedar Ridge Dr, Duncanville,TX 75137.
- By Fax – A citizen can fax the Board members at 972-708-2020.
- Formal Complaints/Grievances - The Board encourages students and parents to discuss any concerns with the appropriate teacher, principal, or other campus administrators who have the authority to address concerns. It's advised that concerns be expressed as soon as possible to allow early resolution at the lowest possible administrative level. The formal process may be initiated by anyone through the formal process of timely filing a written complaint form.
The formal complaint process is detailed in the following DISD Board Policies:
- Students/Parents Complaints/Grievances – FNG(LOCAL)
- Employee Complaints/Grievances – DGBA(LOCAL)
- Public Complaints – GF(LOCAL)
Each complaint/grievance policy allows for a hearing with the Board at Level 3.
Note: To have something on the agenda for the Board to deliberate and take action on, a Board member or the Superintendent must place it on the agenda.
- By Email – You may email the board through their email address. EMAIL