P-TECH TEA Blueprint Products
The documentation below is provided in compliance with the Texas Education Agency's products requirements for recipients of the 2018-2020 Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH) and Industry Cluster Innovative Academies (ICIA) Success Grant. Duncanville High School is a recipient of the P-TECH and ICIA Success Grant and adheres to the P-TECH/ICIA Blueprint.
Benchmark 1 - School Design
Professional Development Plan
P-TECH instructors, which also serve as adjunct instructors for Mountain View College and teach most of the Architectural Design courses, participate in professional development with the college and school district throughout the school year.
P-TECH Team Leadership Meetings
Benchmark 2 - Target Population
Admission Policy & Enrollment Application
- P-TECH Admission Policy Statement
- 2020-2021 Admissions Application - the online application is available in English and Spanish.
- Architectural Design Student Commitment Form - English, Spanish
- Automotive Technology Student Commitment Form - English, Spanish
P-TECH Communication Plan
Benchmark 3 - Strategic Alliances
P-TECH Leadership Team Meetings
Industry Partner MOU
Articulation Agreement with IHE
Benchmark 4 - Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
- Architectural Design: Computer-Aided Design and Drafting Associate of Applied Science and two certificates
- Automotive Technology: Chassis Service Technician Certificate
- Education & Training: Associate of Arts in Teaching Degree, EC-6 & Bilingual Certification
- Duncanville High School Master Schedule, 2020-2021
P-TECH Curriculum Alignment Documents
College Readiness Testing Calendars
- TSI Testing Dates, 2020-2021 TSI testing dates are being developed.
- ACT and SAT Testing Dates
- Two of the P-TECH courses of study are waived from the TSI standards so the assessment strategy will vary per student, depending on the chosen course of study. P-TECH staff will meet with students individually to identify TSI needs and determine if students are exempt from the TSI. Students who need to meet TSI standards will receive instructions and support to prepare for the exam using free resources. Duncanville High School is a TSI testing site and provides students with several testing opportunities each semester.
Course of Study Examples
- Sample P-TECH Graduation Plans are available here.
- Architectural Design students can select one of four graduation plans and earn up to three certificates, an AAS, and multiple industry certifications.
- Automotive Technology students can earn a certificate and work towards an AAS.
- Education and Training students can earn an industry certification and an AA in Teaching with Bilingual Certification.
Benchmark 5 - Work-Based Learning
Work-Based Learning Documentation
Regional Workforce Reports
- Dallas Labor Market Projections by Industry, 2016-2026
- Top 25 occupations in Dallas County making above Texas median wage of $36,168, ranked by highest projected number of jobs added due to growth for the period 2014 - 2024
- Dallas County projected employment by industry for the period 2014 - 2024
Aggregate Data on Work-Based Learning Experiences & Industry Credentials
- Aggregate Data - Tab 1 inlcudes work-based learning experiences and Tab 2 includes aggregate data on students earning industry credentials.
Sample Student Work
Benchmark 6 - Student Support
Bridge Program Calendar and Curricula
Tutoring and Intervention Program Schedules
- The dual credit instructors offer open lab and tutoring hours weekly.
- High School Counselor Student Failure Letter Procedures
- High School Credit Recovery Protocol
Family Outreach Events
Schedule of Counseling/Advisory Events & Records of Completion
- Go Center Advising Schedule
- Social and Emotional Learning Counselors Presentation
- High School Academic Handbook and Course Catalog
- High School Counselor Timelines and Processes for Student Monitoring and Evaluations
- Completion of Counseling and Advisory services are tracked during monthly Counseling meetings.