T-STEM TEA Blueprint Products
Duncanville High School is currently in a planning year for T-STEM. We are working to implement all aspects of the T-STEM Blueprint by the 2020-2021 school year.
Benchmark 1 - School Design
- Duncanville ISD New Teacher Orientation and Campus Mentoring Program
- New CTE Teacher Induction Program
Professional Development Plan
T-STEM instructors participate in professional development with the college and school district throughout the school year. The dual credit courses are taught by Mountain View College instructors.
Benchmark 2 - Target Population
Admission Policy & Enrollment Application
- Admission Policy Statement
- The T-STEM program is open enrollment. For the 2020-2021 school year, all rising 6th graders that enroll in the STEAM Academy and rising 9th graders that enroll in the STEM Engineering and Electronics pathways will particpate in T-STEM.
Benchmark 3 - Strategic Alliances
Leadership Team Meetings
Industry Partner MOU
- An agreement is being reviewed with Texas Instruments.
Articulation Agreement with IHE
- Agreement Between Dallas County Community College District and Duncanville Independent School District Concerning Dual Credit
Benchmark 4 - Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
Curriculum Alignment Documents
College Readiness Testing Calendars
- TSI Testing Dates
- ACT and SAT Testing Dates
- The T-STEM program of study is waived from TSI standards so the assessment strategy will vary per student. Staff will meet with students individually to identify TSI needs and determine if students are exempt from the TSI. Students who need to meet TSI standards will receive instructions and support to prepare for the exam using free resources. Duncanville High School is a TSI testing site and provides students with several testing opportunities each semester.
Course of Study Examples
- Sample T-STEM Graduation Plans are available here.
- Students can choose the Engineering or Electronics pathway to earn a Level I certificate from Mountain View College and work towards an associate degree.
Benchmark 5 - Work-Based Learning
Work-Based Learning Documentation
Regional Workforce Reports
- Dallas Labor Market Projections by Industry, 2016-2026
- Top 25 occupations in Dallas County making above Texas median wage of $36,168, ranked by highest projected number of jobs added due to growth for the period 2014 - 2024
- Dallas County projected employment by industry for the period 2014 - 2024
Aggregate Data on Work-Based Learning Experiences & Industry Credentials
- Aggregate Data for students earning Advanced Manufacturing/Mechatronics certificates
Sample Student Work
Benchmark 6 - Student Support
Bridge Program Calendar and Curricula
- Coming Soon!
Tutoring and Intervention Program Schedules
- The dual credit instructors offer open lab and tutoring hours weekly.
- Fall 2019 SAT Math Prep
- High School Counselor Student Failure Letter Procedures
- High School Credit Recovery Protocol
Family Outreach Events
- 2019-2020 Parent & Student Outreach Calendar of Events
- PTSA Calendar of Events
- Monthly Counseling e-newsletter
- Weekly Panther Press e-newsletter
Schedule of Counseling/Advisory Events & Records of Completion
- Social and Emotional Learning Counselors Presentation
- High School Academic Handbook and Course Catalog
- Secondary Counselor Guidance Topics Calendar
- High School Counselor Timelines and Processes for Student Monitoring and Evaluations
- Records of Completion for Counseling/Advisory & Parent Outreach Events