T-STEM TEA Blueprint Products
Since the onset of the pandemic, all courses and supporting services have been provided virtually. For the 2020-2021 school year, students have the option to participate in asynchronous or synchronous learning.
Benchmark 1 - School Design
Professional Development Plan
T-STEM instructors participate in professional development with the college and school district throughout the school year. The dual credit courses are taught by Dallas College instructors.
- 2020-2021 Professional Development Handbook, includes professional development session dates and topics
- 2020-2021 Professional Development Materials
Benchmark 2 - Target Population
Admission Policy & Enrollment Application
- Admission Policy Statement
- The T-STEM program is open enrollment. For the 2020-2021 school year, all rising 6th graders that enroll in the STEAM Academy and rising 9th graders that enroll in the STEM Engineering and Electronics pathways will participate in T-STEM.
Benchmark 3 - Strategic Alliances
Industry Partner MOU
- After further review, the agreement with Texas Instruments is being revised. All virtual work-based learning activities are still underway, wherever possible.
Articulation Agreement with IHE
Benchmark 4 - Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
Curriculum Alignment Documents
College Readiness Testing Calendars
- TSI Testing Dates
- ACT and SAT Testing Dates
- The T-STEM program of study is waived from TSI standards so the assessment strategy will vary per student. Staff will meet with students individually to identify TSI needs and determine if students are exempt from the TSI. Students who need to meet TSI standards will receive instructions and support to prepare for the exam using free resources. Duncanville High School is a TSI testing site and provides students with several testing opportunities each semester.
Course of Study Examples
- Sample T-STEM Graduation Plans are available here.
- Students can choose the Engineering or Electronics pathway to earn a Level I certificate from Mountain View College and work towards an associate degree.
Benchmark 5 - Work-Based Learning
Work-Based Learning Documentation
Regional Workforce Reports
- Dallas & Texas Projected Employment by Industry, 2018-2028
- Top 25 occupations in North Texas making above Texas median wage of $37,099, ranked by highest projected number of jobs added due to growth for the period 2016 - 2026
Aggregate Data on Work-Based Learning Experiences & Industry Credentials
- Although we did not become a designated T-STEM until the 2020-2021 school year, students have been earning the Advanced Manufacturing/Mechatronics Certificate from Dallas College's Mountain View Campus for several years. View our aggregate data here.
Sample Student Work
Benchmark 6 - Student Support
Student and parent supports are being provided mostly online. Some in-person supports are also available on campus.
Bridge Program Calendar and Curricula
Tutoring and Intervention Program Schedules
- The dual credit instructors offer open lab and tutoring hours weekly.
- High School Counselor Student Failure Letter Procedures
- High School Credit Recovery Protocol
Family Outreach Events
- PTSA Calendar of Events
- High School Counseling e-newsletter
- STEAM e-newsletter
- Weekly Panther Press e-newsletter
- Parent University series
Schedule of Counseling/Advisory Events & Records of Completion
- Go Center Advisors Schedule
- Social and Emotional Learning Counselors Presentation
- High School Counselor Timelines and Processes for Student Monitoring and Evaluations
- Completion of Counseling and Advisory services are tracked during monthly Counseling meetings.