Lunch Accounts: Students may access lunch accounts with their 6-digit district ID number or a bar-coded identification card. Parents may set limits on student accounts by contacting the Nutrition Services Office at 972-708-2328.
If a student is moving to another school within the district, the student’s account will automatically be transferred to the new school.
Credit Card Payments: The SchoolCafe system makes it easy for parents, teachers, administrators and cafeteria staff to work together to ensure students eat a healthy breakfast and lunch.
- Parents may make payments to their children’s lunch accounts using Visa or Master Card.
- Parents can also remotely monitor their child’s account any time, from any internet-enabled computer or device.
- Set up hassle-free automatic payments for your child.
- Set up low balance email alerts to your phone or home computer. All payments received are updated within 12-24 hours.
- Parents choosing to pay online are required to add a minimum of $20.00 or more.
- There is a $1.95 transaction fee for each online payment.
Program-generated notices will be sent to the parent's email address.
Payment Information: Check Acceptance for Meals In the event that a check written to any Duncanville ISD cafeteria is returned unpaid by the bank, Duncanville ISD or its agent will redeposit the check electronically. Additionally, patrons must understand and agree that the district may electronically collect a returned check fee of $34.00. The use of a check for payment to school cafeterias is the patron’s acknowledgement and acceptance of this policy and its terms.
Student Meal Charging Procedure: If there are insufficient funds in a meal account, students may charge up to $50 meals. Payments may be made through the SchoolCafe website, cash, or a check may be sent to school with student to add to their meal account. Parents are encouraged to make prepayments regularly.
Student Refunds: A student who withdraws from the district may receive a refund at the campus up to $10.00 with a written request from the parent/guardian. The written request should include student name and ID, current address, and reason for the refund. If the amount to be refunded is not available in the cafeteria, a request must be submitted to the Nutrition Services Office. A completed refund form and a copy of the parent's photo ID will be required. A check will be mailed to the student’s address; please allow 4-6 weeks to receive the refund.
Request a Refund
Allow up to 4-6 weeks for a refund in the mail.