Duncanville ISD Professional Development Department recognizes that ongoing, quality professional learning is the key to teacher and student success. Our department is committed to a comprehensive, job-embedded professional learning program for all employees. Offered through the district are professional learning on campus professional development days, online platforms, professional learning communities (PLC), mentoring support, book studies, and various workshops before, during, and after school hours.
The following expectations outline staff participation at campus and district professional development events.
Registration & Attendance
- All professional learning courses should be entered in Edugence with the appropriate course title, session description, and continuing education hours.
- Participants must register in Edugence and sign the course attendance sheet to receive credit.
- Arrive to all classes on time. Participants who arrive 15 minutes after the start time of the course will not be allowed to attend the session, will not receive credit, and will have to register for a different class.
- A signature on the roster is the only valid proof of attendance. For out-of-district approved courses, certificates of completion must be submitted to the supervisor.
- Participants must stay in the session until it ends, or they will not receive credit.
- If you are unable to attend the course, please withdraw at least three days before the course start date.
- Sent to registered participants will be class update information through your district email. If you are not registered for a class, you will not be informed of changes to the class.
- Walk-ins are generally not allowed. Participants must register for classes in Edugence to attend a class.
- Courses with less than 5 participants may be canceled. You will receive notification by email if a course you have registered for is canceled.
- If a participant registers for a course and does not attend, he/she will be marked absent.
Professional Development Norms
- All teachers should bring earbuds, a fully charged laptop, and a charging cable to professional learning sessions.
- All participants should adhere to the district dress code during professional learning sessions.
- Children are not allowed to attend Duncanville ISD professional development sessions.
- Engage fully and contribute positively, professionally, and respectfully.