Duncanville ISD utilizes the Texas Teachers Evaluation and Support System as the instrument for professional development and performance appraisal. This system consists of:
- Goal-setting and professional development plan
- Evaluation rubric based on the Texas Standards for Teachers
- Embedded student growth measures
T-TESS is intended to promote a growth mind-set in educators by providing a structure to self-reflect and receive ongoing, meaningful feedback from peers and supervisors.
*149.1001 - Purpose: The standards identified in this section are performance standards to be used to inform the training, appraisal, and professional development of teachers.
- Standard 1: Instructional Planning and Delivery
- Standard 2: Knowledge of Students and Student Learning
- Standard 3: Content Knowledge and Expertise
- Standard 4: Learning Environment
- Standard 5: Data-Drriven Practice
- Standard 6: Professional Practices and Responsibilities
Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 149 - Effective June 8, 2014