Duncanville High School Collegiate Academy
in partnership with Mountain View College
The mission of Duncanville High School Collegiate Academy is to embrace a diverse group of students and change their futures one mind at a time. Collegiate Academy students will have the opportunity to earn a high school diploma and simultaneously take dual credit courses earning up to 60 college credit hours or an Associate Degree within four years.
The Collegiate Academy is a Duncanville Independent School District initiative operated in partnership with Mountain View College. That partnership also extends to parents as we inspire students to strive for intellectual excellence while providing a world-class education that motivates studens to achieve high academic standards, enjoy learning and develop as ethical, literate, well-rounded and self-sufficient citizens who contribute actively to their communities.
Through collaboration with the community, the Collegiate Academy offers students encounters with professional development, community service, scholarship opportunities, college exposure through college visits, and inspires and empowers students to succeed at a higher level. This initiative launched in the fall of 2017 and welcomes new cohorts on an annual basis.
Duncanville High School Collegiate Academy will IGNITE the passion of all scholars through innovative and collaborative instruction which CAPTIVATEs the interests of all stakeholders to ELEVATE growth mindsets and cultivate lifelong learners.
Ignite Passion ~ Captivate Interest ~ Elevate Mindsets
• Complete high school diploma and up to 2 years of college credit in four year
• Studies show that students who take dual credit courses are more likely to complete a four-year college degree
• Decreases cost of tuition and fees for students by accelerating time toward degree completion
• Accelerated degree time may free up facility space and faculty for additional students to enroll
• New graduates enter the workforce sooner and begin to earn wages, benefiting themselves and the economy
• Contributes to the goals of Closing the Gaps through greater participation and increased academic
• Gain college exposure by participating in college tour
• Develop and grow with students of advanced academics by participating in professional development
• Participate in community service projects and give back to the community
• Increase college enrollment and success rates for all students
• Strengthen the connections between middle schools, high schools, and higher education to
promote a college-going culture
For more information: email@example.com