Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelors of science in mathematics Standard certificate mathematics 8-12
Mr. Jay Walbran
This is my eleventh year at Duncanville High School. I have taught Geometry, Algebra 2 as well as Algebra 2 Pre-AP. I have a bachelors of science in mathematics from Stephen F. Austin State University. My certification from TEA is Grade 8-12 MathematicsI love teaching and I am proud to work at DHS. It is my goal to teach students the math concepts and to become enthusiastic life long learners. Email me anytime and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
View my class Syllabus
Planning block is on "A-Days" from 12:27-1:57
A day B day Class Time
1 1 Algebra 2 7:30-8:28
2 Algebra 2 8:35-10:11
3 Algebra 2 10:18-12:18
5 Algebra 2 8:35-10:11
6 Algebra 2 10:18-12:18
8 8 Algebra 2 2:02-3:00
Planning: 12:25-1:55 everyday
- After school tutoring Monday through Friday (3:00-3:45)
- No tutoring every other Monday due to faculty meetings.
- No Official Morning tutoring but I am on campus by 7:00 AM
Grading SystemMinimum 17 grades per grading cycle.
- 60% daily assignments. Minimum 14 daily assignments.
- 40% major tests. Minimum 3 major tests.