Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science University of Texas at Arlington Master of Arts in School Counseling Prairie View A&M University
Mrs. Tiffeny Irvin
My name is Tiffeny Irvin and I am excited to serve has the School Counselor for the STEAM Academy/ Kennemer Middle School. This is my 17th year as an educator. I have been a school counselor for the past 11 years. I had the pleasure of serving as a school counselor on the elementary, middle, and high school level. I also taught for 6 years as an elementary math teacher. I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Science from University of Texas at Arlington and my Master of Arts degree in School Counseling from Prairie View A&M University.
My goal is to assist all students in removing any social emotional barriers that are hindering student achievement.
Programs and Services
- Classroom Guidance- Counselor visit classrooms to teach knowledge, skills and attitudes that will help students reach their full potential in the areas of academic, career and personal/social development.
- Small Group Counseling- Small Groups are formed to address specific areas of concern. Small Group topics may include Divorce, Grief, and Study Skills.
- Individual Counseling- Provide a supportive and confidential environment for students to work toward personal, social, emotinal and academic growth.
- Mediation/Conflict Resolution: Provide a safe and supportive atmosphere for students to communicate feelings and differences in order to resolve conflict in a peaceful manner.
- Parent and Teacher Consultation- Consult with parents and teachers to develop appropriate academic and social supports needed for students' personal and academic success
- Responsive Services- Includes crisis intervention, consultation, collaboration, and conflict resolution.
- College and Career- Increase college and career awareness to all students.