Free COVID-19 Testing
Starting Tuesday March 30, 2021, rapid COVID testing will be conducted on our campuses by our campus RNs. The Rapid testing hours of operation will be reserved for designated times before and after school. The rapid testing site for staff at Pace, Summit, Plaza, Maintenance, Custodial and Transportation will be at Reed MS.
Please review and ensure the following protocols are followed during the rapid testing period on your campuses:
1. Testing will be scheduled by appointment at each campus. Campus staff must select their respective home campus.
2. Testing will be conducted 30 minutes before/after school.
3. Campus principals will designate the campus-wide time frames, 30 min before and 30 min after school based on their campus times.
4. Campus principals will confirm with the nursing team a viable testing space for staff if the clinic is not an option.
5. Campuses that split RN’s will confirm days of operation based on RN schedule.
6. Testing outside these parameters (under special circumstances) can be arranged with the Campus RN as long as the nurse can accommodate it into her schedule.
7. Testing will be conducted only by an RN at this time. Subs/Aides will not conduct testing.
8. If no RN is assigned to your campus, work with Mr. Copeland to create a time for an RN to come test at your campus weekly.
9. Employees must remain available on (testing) campus until the test results are available (15 minutes).
10. Confidentiality and privacy must be maintained at all times so the clinic may be closed during the testing time.
11. Rapid tests will not be conducted when students are present in the nurse's office.
12. All rapid tests must remain in locked storage when not in use.
13. Staff must self-report to HR when positive results are confirmed.
14. This is a service for district employees or substitutes only. Students are not eligible for testing.