With the approval of the COVID-19 pediatric Pfizer vaccine for children between the ages of 5 and 11, Duncanville ISD is partnering with Albertsons/Tom Thumb to host a free COVID vaccination clinic specifically for this age group. They will also provide booster shots for previously vaccinated people who qualify.
The vaccination clinic is open to eligible students, family members, staff and local residents. The vaccine will be administered at no cost at the Duncanville High School West Gym on Friday, November 19. Appointments may be scheduled from 2:00 to 6:00 pm.
The vaccine will be administered by Albertsons/Tom Thumb healthcare professionals. There are a limited number of vaccines available, which is why people must register for the vaccination clinic using the following steps:
- Register with Tom Thumb and Albertsons and schedule an appointment using this link. Registering for an appointment prior to November 19 will secure your vaccination.
- Once registered, you will receive information from Tom Thumb/Albertsons with the vaccination location, time, and a Vaccine Informed Consent form.
- Bring the completed form with you to your scheduled appointment. Also, if you are receiving a booster shot, you must bring your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card.
- Students who are not yet 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- After receiving your vaccination, be prepared to wait the required 15 minutes to monitor for any possible reactions. You’ll be provided a “COVID-19 Vaccination Waiting Period” card.
- For students, the “COVID-19 Vaccination Waiting Period” card will serve as your pass to return to school.
To be effective, this vaccine requires a second dose three weeks after the initial vaccination (except for those receiving booster shots). Representatives from Albertsons/Tom Thumb will return on December 10 to administer the second vaccination.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.