All in and out-of-district transfer requests must be filed by the following deadlines:
- Transfer requests for the fall semester will be accepted between March 1 and July 15 of each school year and reviewed based on when submitted but no later than the first day of school.
- Transfer requests for the spring semester will be accepted between October 1 and November 30 of each school year and reviewed based on when submitted but no later than the first week in January.
- Transfers submitted outside these calendar windows will be reviewed and may take up to 30 school days for a decision to be determined.
- Transfers submitted outside these calendar windows will not be considered for immediate enrollment except under extenuating circumstances, a justifiable need, or in the case of newly hired employees.
- The Superintendent has the authority to adjust windows as needed based on the best interest of the district.
- The Superintendent is authorized to accept or reject any transfer requests, provided that such action is without regard to race, religion, color, sex, disability, national origin, or ancestral language.
- A resident student who becomes a nonresident during the course of a semester shall be permitted to continue in attendance for the remainder of the semester.
- A nonresident student wishing to transfer into the District shall file an application for transfer each school year with the Superintendent or designee.
- Transfers shall be granted for one regular school year at a time.
- In approving or continuing transfers, the Superintendent or designee shall consider availability of space and instructional staff and the student’s disciplinary and attendance records.
- Transfer students must be in good academic standing, maintain a 90% attendance rate, and have a good disciplinary record.
- A transfer student or guardian must agree to follow all rules and regulations of the District as outlined in the Student Code of Conduct and Student Handbook, or risk revocation of an approved transfer.
- Violation of the terms of the agreement may result in a transfer request not being continued.
- If the District charges tuition for out-of-district students, the amount shall be set by the Board, within statutory limits. The Board may waive tuition for a student based on financial hardship upon written application by the student, parent, or guardian.[See FP]
- The District may initiate withdrawal of students whose tuition payments are delinquent. Any appeals shall be made in accordance with FNG(LOCAL) and GF(LOCAL), as appropriate.
- No district transportation will be provided for transfer students.
- No transfers will be approved that creates the need for additional staff.
- Transfer students that are assigned to the DAEP Summit may have their transfer status revoked.
For assistance with the transfer application, email firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO MUST COMPLETE A TRANSFER APPLICATION?
- Out of district students that are not currently enrolled in Duncanville ISD
- Out of district students that are changing campuses/grade levels (4th to 5th grade, 6th to 7th grade, 8th to 9th grade)
- In district overflow students that wish to remain at their current campus
- In district students that are changing campuses/grade levels (4th to 5th grade, 6th to 7th grade, 8th to 9th grade)
ITEMS NEEDED TO SUBMIT TRANSFER APPLICATION IF APPLYING AS A NONRESIDENT OUT OF DISTRICT STUDENT
Please be prepared to attach the following documents in order to submit the application
- Copy of parent/guardian photo ID
- Copy of parent/guardian address verification
- Copy of your child’s discipline record for their most recent full school year. If requesting a transfer mid-year, provide the most recent semester and the prior school year. If your child does not have any disciplinary referrals, then you must attach a letter (on official letterhead) or email from a school official stating that your child does not have any disciplinary referrals.
- Copy of your child’s attendance records for their most recent full school year. If attendance is on the report card, the report card may be attached. If requesting a transfer mid-year, provide the most recent semester and the prior school year.
- Copy of your child’s most recent report card or transcript. If requesting a transfer mid-year, provide the most recent semester and the prior school year.
- If your child receives special services, then you must attach a copy of the most recent full annual ARD.
- Your application will not be considered if required documents are not provided or fail to include the requested information.