Intra-District Transfer Requests
During the Dallas County shelter-in-place order, we will be able to process your request only through the online form or by email request at email@example.com.
Intra-district Transfer Requests are for currently enrolled students only. All transfer requests are dependent upon available space at the requested campus. A request for transfer must be approved by the office of Student Services, prior to enrollment at the requested campus.
Please complete the Intra-district Transfer Request and we will process your request.
Intradistrict Transfer Guidelines
Resident Students currently enrolled in Duncanville ISD.
- Transfer students must maintain 90% average attendance.
- Transfer students cannot be assigned to the Summit-DAEP.
- No district transportation shall be provided for transfer students.
- Transfer students may be returned to their home campus, if in the opinion of building principal, the transfer student creates class disruptions and/otherwise violates the Student Code of Conduct.
- No transfers will be approved that create the need for additional staffing.
- All transfer requests are dependent upon available space at the requested campus.
- Transfer students placed on the waitlist will begin the school year at their home campus.
Duncanville ISD does not provide transportation for transfer students unless otherwise required by law. Parents whose transfer requests are approved will be responsible for providing transportation to and from the campus.
Change of Residence
A transfer request must be completed when a student moves into a new Duncanville ISD home school area, but wants to remain in the school he or she has been attending. Please contact your home campus secretary for processing. A student is considered a transfer student, subject to the transfer rules, beginning at the time a request is approved.
Online Application Process
Transfer requests can be submitted online or in person at the office of Student Services located at 710 So. Cedar Ridge Drive, Duncanville TX 75137.
- A valid email address, phone number and address verification is required to complete the online application.
- Those without a computer or reliable internet access may contact the office of Student Services at (972) 708- 2066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfers are only granted on a space-available basis. Elementary and intermediate campuses, particularly, may only have capacity at certain grade levels as staffing will be finalized for the 2020-21 school year, and staffing will not be added to accommodate transfers.