The Pre-K Online Application for the 2020-2021 School Year remains open
- Due to the Covid-19 school closure, Pre-K registration will primarily be conducted online.
- Parents wishing to enroll their student for the 2020-21 school year may start the enrollment process online through our Pre-K New Student Enrollment “link-button” below.
- Once parents/guardians have completed the online application for 2020-2021 school year, the Early Childhood team will call the parent/guardian to provide support with uploading required documents and to determine Pre-K eligibility.
- Enrollment documents can be uploaded/submitted through the online enrollment process.
- In-person appointments can be scheduled with the Early Childhood team to assist with the enrollment process.
Documents Needed for Pre-K Enrollment
- Proof of Residence; original and current utility bill (water, gas, electric, cable bill; not a telephone bill) in parent/guardian’s name
- If the parent/guardian lives with a district resident (host family), a notarized affidavit of residence form (yellow form) must be provided
- Valid parent/guardian identification; state driver's license, Texas ID, passport with current address, military or government issued ID or consular card
- Proof of Student Identification; original or certified true copy of birth certificate (not hospital certificate), valid passport with visa stamp, or any legal document that established identity
- Student’s social security card (optional)
- Student’s current and up-to-date immunization record
- For Pre-K educationally disadvantaged eligibility: TANF/SNAP eligibility letter, valid Medicaid card or most recent pay stub for all individuals in the household
Prekindergarten Tuition Free Eligibility
Students qualifying for tuition-free prekindergarten must be four years of age by September 1, and meet one of the following criteria:
- Unable to speak and comprehend the English language, or
- Educationally disadvantaged (which means a student is eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program), or
- Homeless, or
- Dependent of one who is currently in active military service, was injured as a result of active military service, or is the survivor of one killed in active military services, or
- Child who currently or has ever been in the foster care system, or
- Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as; a peace officer, a firefighter, or an emergency medical first responder
Tuition Prekindergarten Program
- $100 non-refundable deposit
- Monthly tuition $475
- Duncanville ISD employee monthly tuition $285
Pre-K Registration Online Enrollment Support
Online registration for the 2020-2021 school year remains open.