Board Approves Strategic Plan, Provides Road Map for School District
Board approves strategic plan, provides road map for school district
The Duncanville Independent School District Board of Trustees established a clear direction for the district with the approval of a strategic plan at last night’s board meeting. In a unanimous vote, the board accepted the 2016-2021 Strategic Plan that was developed by a 30-member planning committee that met for daylong meetings last month.
“This plan shows that we are moving the district forward,” said Duncanville ISD Board of Trustees President Phil McNeely. He added that as the district proceeds to select a new superintendent, it benefits Duncanville ISD to select a leader who understands the importance of a clear direction for the district.
The Strategic Planning Committee, which consisted of teachers, principals, parents, students, community members and two school board members, developed a vision statement: “Duncanville ISD – Writing success stories, one student at a time.”
Seeing no need to change the district’s mission statement, the committee re-affirmed the mission “to provide each student with the necessary skills to achieve lifelong success and contribute to a global society.”
The committee also developed six values that placed students as the priority. Through the values everyone who plays a part in student education from parents and teachers to nurses and bus drivers were highlighted. It reads:
· We believe students are our first priority.
· We model personal integrity and ethical behavior.
· We value and respect all students, staff, families, and community members.
· We provide a safe, nurturing environment to foster academic excellence and positive relationships.
· We embrace continuous improvement, data-driven decision making, and mutual accountability for organizational excellence.
· We believe every staff member contributes to student success.
“This plan sets the district on a direction and provides alignment for all parts of the organization,” said Duncanville ISD Interim Superintendent Dr. Deborah Cron. “It serves as a road map for the entire district.”
To view the board full version of the 2016-2021 Strategic Plan, click here.